In this sequence of facial facades, masks if you will, I set out to fashion three distinct constructs that each mirror various aspects of my character. The materials I handpicked were emblematic of my weekly commute to Denton, Texas, enduring a 45-minute drive mired in relentless traffic. Consequently, I sought to incorporate the very materials that inundated my senses, enveloped by the ceaseless flow of automobiles. Metals, chrome, lacquer, and glass became my foundational building blocks. As I made my way home in the evenings, the glinting metals would catch and refract the hues of the bustling surroundings, mirroring the vibrant shades of neon signs and traffic signals. This prompted my decision to infuse the pieces with color through the strategic use of lighting, thereby capturing the spectrum of hues in the dimensional settings. Ultimately, this series serves as a reflection of my life and experiences during my time in graduate school.

Silverback
Silverback
My students lovingly refer to me as the Silverback Mountain Gorilla. Or is it Guerilla? A term coined by one of my past student and colleague, David Biloh. This is associated with my perchance for intimidation based on my physique and my intensity when pushing the students to reach higher levels of creativity. Aggressive in tone and a pusher of artists are my curse to bare. Constantly herding the creative driven individuals to reach lofty goals. A curse I revel in.

TechnoBwana
TechnoBwana
This construct was indicative of the detail I put into all aspects of my life. Plowing into an art technology hybrid. Coming from a good ole boy environment and morphing into a technophile universe while blending in equal amounts of artistic creativity and computer science. Detail layered onto detail. It's all in the details. I became a gypsy bohemian nomad artist.

BiPolarism BiPolarism
Drawing from the interplay between creative flair and a technically adept mindset, or perhaps the fusion of an imaginative illustrative spirit juxtaposed with a meticulous attention to detail ingrained in design sensibilities, these are the guiding forces that inspire and shape my multifaceted creations.