During the 1990s, my residence was within an Art Commune housed in the Mitchell Building, nestled within the vibrant art community of Deep Ellum, Dallas, Texas. A diverse array of artists, including painters, sculptors, and musicians, occupied the premises, collectively leading a bohemian lifestyle. It was during this period that I became captivated by the metal sculptors in the vicinity, scavenging for various metal scraps and ingeniously assembling them into entirely new art forms. This experience served as the catalyst for my own creations. Contemplating whether I could manipulate an assortment of disparate 3D shapes, I embarked on the task of reconfiguring them into four distinct facial facades. Employing a weathered and patinated surface, I sought to imbue them with the allure of aged metal.

IsoMechanica I


IsoMechanica II


IsoMechanica III


IsoMechanica IIII