In this series of masks my self-directive path was to create 3 facades that echoed different parts of my personality. The materials I choose to use were indicative of my journey in traffic each week as I drove to Denton, Texas, a 45 minute trip stuck in metal gridlock. So I wanted to utilize the materials I was constantly bombarded with. Locked in traffic surround by automobiles. Metals, chrome, lacquer and glass were my construction palette. As I journeyed back home at night the glistening metals would reflect the colors of the surrounding environment. Mirror the colors of neon signs and traffic lights. So I decided to add color to the pieces through how I lit the fascia. All coloration gathered through lights in the dimensional scenes. The series being reflective of my life and journey during my years in graduate school.


Transitions
Transitions
My students lovingly refer to me as the Silverback Mountain Gorilla. Or is it Guerilla? A term coined by one of my past student and colleague, David Biloh. This is associated with my perchance for intimidation based on my physique and my intensity when pushing the students to reach higher levels of creativity. Aggressive in tone and a pusher of artists are my curse to bare. Constantly herding the creative driven individuals to reach lofty goals. A curse I revel in.